Water Heater Repair and Installation
SAVE $750 ON A HYBRID-WATER HEATER.
Increase your water heating efficiency and start saving money on energy costs today. Get $750 off a conversion from Electric to a Hybrid Electric Water Heater.
Call today to learn more about how we can install a hybrid-water heater in your home and you can start saving money!
PROLINE® XE HYBRID ELECTRIC HEAT PUMP
The ProLine® XE hybrid electric heat pump water heaters more than live up to their impressive reputation. The 50-, 66- and 80-gallon models use heat pump technology to produce hot water, which means more energy stored, resulting in increased savings. And the consumer-friendly display is simple to operate and provides easy-to-understand feedback on operational status.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Four operating modes: Efficiency, Hybrid, Electric, Vacation
- Conserves energy with heat pump technology
- Part of ProLine® XE
- Efficient, Consumer-FriendlyThe ProLine® Hybrid Electric heat pump water heater from State is the most cost effective energy-efficient option available for consumers who want to save money on their utility bills. The ProLine® can reduce water heating costs up to 71% and provide payback in 2-3 years. With hundreds of dollars in annual savings, there is no better way to go green than ProLine®.
- Choice of Operating ModesSelect from Efficiency, Hybrid, or Electric modes to match heating requirements to environmental conditions.
The most energy-efficient setting works by extracting warmth from the surrounding air, concentrating the heat and transferring it to the water.
The hybrid water heater mode uses the heat pump for efficiency, but will use the element for quick recovery following increased hot water usage.
In Electric Mode, the unit operates as an electric water heater, utilizing the elements only to produce hot water for conditions when limited ambient heat is available.
One touch operation maintains tank temperature at 60°F (15.6°C) during vacation or extended absence to reduce operating costs and provide freeze protection.
- Savings are Greater Where Electricity Rates Are HigherThe greatest savings and quickest payback may occur in regions where the average temperatures are colder. Operating five months out of the year in the heat pump mode where electricity rates are two to three times higher will yield more savings than operating 10 months in the heat pump mode where electricity rates are lower.
What is the Best Type of Water Heater to Use in Connecticut?
Despite 20% of the average household’s expenses taken up by the cost of heating water, water heaters are usually ignored until they stop working. There are so many options, how do you know the best water heater to buy?
It’s safe to say the reason why you’re reading this today is that your water heater is either struggling and on the way out or has already left the building!
The good news is, water heaters have seriously improved since the last time you had to buy one. Newer models are even more energy efficient than before – saving you money in the long run and working out to be more eco-friendly too.
There are so many different types of water heaters on the market now, you can choose the option that’s best for your individual needs.
Environmentally-Friendly Water Heater Options
If your primary concern with your next water heater is being as eco-friendly as possible while still taking hot showers, your best bet is either a heat pump hot water tank or a solar power water heater.
A.O Smith Heat Pump Hot Water Heater
Heat Pump Hot Water Heaters – Hybrid Models
Heat pump water heaters are not like tank or tankless alternatives, they don’t heat water directly. Instead, they work like your HVAC system’s heat pump and capture heat from the air and transfer it to the water. They are called hybrid tanks because you can switch them to standard electric use when more water is needed.
What makes these models greener than traditional models is they use 65% less energy than gas, propane or the standard electric tank.
Benefits of heat pump models
- You can save serious money on your electric bill
Problems with heat pump models
- The price of the unit is usually well over $3000
- Best used in areas where the temperatures don’t get too low
- They require much more space than other tank heaters: 7 feet of clearance from floor to ceiling. You’ll also need 1,000 cubic feet of uncooled space to capture enough heat from the air as well as a nearby drain to discharge the condensate.
The Most Popular Water Heaters in the US
The vast majority of homes in the US use either a conventional storage tank water heater or an on-demand tankless water heater. Both of these options are a great choice for homes in Northern Virginia.
A.O Smith ProLine®
Conventional Storage Tank Water Heaters
Storage tanks are the most common type of water heater and for good reason too. Almost half of homes across the US use gas-heated storage tank heaters. There are also electric storage water heaters too.
Natural gas water heaters usually use less energy and cost less to run (by about half) than electric water heaters, although gas models do tend to cost more at the time of purchase.
As the name suggests, these consist of an insulated tank where water is heated and stored until needed then emerges from a pipe on top of the water heater.
There is also temperature and pressure-relief valve, which opens if either goes over a preset level.
The storage tank system works day and night to maintain the temperature you set. It’s similar to a thermostat on your HVAC system.
When your water temperature drops below the preset level, the heater turns on until the water reaches the target temperature.
Typically lasting anywhere between 9 and 13 years, you can further it’s lifespan if you drain the tank down and clean the sediment out of it… (you can delegate the job to our water heater maintenance team).
Benefits of Storage Tank Water Heaters
- The initial cost to buy and install relatively low
- Easy to install and maintain
Problems with Storage Tank Water Heaters
- If you need a lot of hot water in a short amount of time, the system can struggle to heat enough water quick enough
A.O Smith ProLine® XE Tankless
Hot Water Heaters
On-Demand Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters use flame-heated coils to heat the water as you need it, so there’s no hot water sitting in a tank.
They’re more energy-efficient than a storage tank, but they can only provide a limited flow of hot water per minute – about 3.5 gallons.
A great choice for those living on their own or people who typically aren’t using water for more than one use at a time (like having a shower while doing the laundry).
The upside is, as long as you’re not using it for more than one appliance at a time, you can have all the hot water you need! If you have the budget, some households install multiple tankless heaters and dedicate them to a specific appliance to combat the issue.
Tankless water heaters are best for homes that use natural gas to heat their water.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
- Saves money on the utility bills
- Provides hot water quickly
- A natural gas system is around $800
Problems with Tankless Water Heaters
- A low GPM flow means limiting water to multiple appliances at one time
- Tankless water heaters need to be cleaned annually
WANT TO SAVE ON ELECTRIC BILLS AND GET A TAX CREDIT?.
Contact us today and we can replace youre old existing electric water heater and install a high efficiency electric hybrid model that will qualify you for a tax credit with an operational cost of approx $195 annually.
Whether its a small hot water heater repair,hot water heater system designing, or a safety inspection or cleaning — Call GMAC PLUMBING today for all your hot water heating repair needs.
We offer many maintenance or replacements for all types of water heaters to help you achieve maximum efficiency.
We also offer fianancing to upgrade your current Hot Water Heater to a more efficient modern type hot water heating system.
We Repair,Service,Or Replace All Types of Residential Water Heaters:
- On-demand (tankless) water heater installation
- Gas water heater installation and repair
- Electric water heater service and installation
- Oil Water Heater Repair/Replace
- Propane Water Heater Repair/Replace
- Hot Water Heater high-efficiency models (Power Vented)
- Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater Tank or Piping. ***Heat pump Control Service not included***
- Tankless Coil Water Heaters On Boilers
- Indirect Water Heaters Connected To Boilers
OUR RESIDENTIAL WATER HEATER SERVICES:
- Power vent water heaters service and installation
- Oil-fired water heater installation
- Boiler Indirect Water heater service and controls
- Propane Water Heater Repair and installation
- Extended warranties on all makes and models
- Installations of electric hybrid model water heaters
- Flushing and cleaning of tankless water heating systems
- Water Heater overflow pan installations, and alarms
- Water Heater Inspections
- Water Heater Anode Rod Replacement
- Water Heater Burner Cleaning
- Boiler Tankless Coil to Indirect Water Heater Conversion
- Oil to Natural Gas Water Heater Conversion
- Water Heater Efficiency Testing
- Water Testing
- Water Heater piping and Leak Repairs
- Water Heater Valve Replacements
- Plus More Services Offered
We also can install any water heater from Home Depot or Lowes to keep in your budget.